Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 8: a moment I felt most satisfied with my life

I've been thinking about this topic for awhile. I can't think of only one moment.

I have felt satisfied when:
- Listening to Sesame Street, Bullfrogs & Butterflies, Strawberry Shortcake, Bill Gaither's Sunday School Picnic and Annie records on the floor of the great room in front of the record player as a young child.
- my family was together at Christmas time.
- I was roller skating to Tiffany tapes in our carport.
- I visited with Mrs. Ruby & Mr. John next door.
- I learned my multiplication facts in 3rd & 4th grade.
- I taught a Smokey Bear & Woodsey Owl unit to Kindergarteners when I was in 4th grade.
- I got a 100 on a project in 7th grade with Peggy Lee.
- I got to dance with Derek Wortham at a middle school dance.
- Taking boat rides with Kellie Thomas Pulliam on Lake Martin, AL, listening to Chicago tapes.
- I worked with children at summer day camps.
- I stood up for myself in high school.
- I survived my freshman year of college - with 2 different roommates & then finished the year living by myself.
- I met & started dating Ralph in the Summer of 1997.
- I encouraged Shannon Pattillo during her meltdown moments while in nursing school at Georgia College.
- I grieved the end of a relationship (the first time someone broke up with me) & it made me stronger.
- I finally passed the Praxis I to get accepted in the College of Education.
- I graduated from Georgia College in 2001.
- Shannon & I lived on our own, in apartments, after finishing college.
- I got compliments on my special ed lessons plans from the Assistant Principal at Shirley Hills Elem, Warner Robins, GA
- I expanded my friendships & attended church at FBC Macon, GA.
- I decided to live on my own in Macon, GA.
- I decided on my own to adopt 2 kittens.
- I decided to move back to Gwinnett after 5 years of college and 3 years of teaching.
- I owned my feelings & stood my ground in regards to a particular friendship that inevitably ended.
- Ralph & I got married.
- Ralph & I bought our house.
- I applied to Georgia State's Counseling program twice: got rejected once & worked even harder to get accepted the second time.
- I kept a 4.0 for all 3 years of Graduate School and worked full-time.
- Ralph and I made it through 3 job losses in 5 years.
- Ralph & I developed more friendships with other couples.
- I graduated with my Masters in Counseling and got a Counseling job before graduation.
- I run regularly.
- I practice yoga regularly.
- I release feelings of resentment.
- Ralph & I pay off significant portions of our credit card debt.
- I stand up for myself.
- I deal with conflict in a healthy way.
- Ralph & I are on the same page.
- I'm at the beach with my family.
- I have a clean house.
- I've done yard work.
- Ralph does sweet thoughtful things for me.
- I do sweet thoughtful things for Ralph & others.

To be continued. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment