Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 3 - views on drugs & alcohol

Initial answer: People who use drugs are stupid.
More thought-out answer: I do acknowledge that drug addiction is like a disease. I have some pity on drug addicts. I'm thankful that I have never been tempted to do drugs. Nor have I ever been offered drugs. I'm glad I have a strong group of friends. None of them have done drugs. I'm thankful that Ralph has never done drugs either. I know families who have been torn apart due to drug abuse. I watch Dr. Phil's shows on drug addicts (I have a love/hate relationship with Dr. Phil). I have seen the show Intervention. It's a sad thing when people get into drug use, whether to fit in, escape reality or whatever.

Alcohol: I drink occasionally-"socially"-1 drink a week, on average, at the most. I've never driven drunk. Neither has Ralph. It makes me uncomfortable to be around really drunk people. I don't like to see people out of control. I don't like to feel out of control. I know people who are alcoholics. That's like a disease too. I've seen first hand how alcoholism hurts other people. I know a couple alcoholics. I pray that my loved ones & I will be kept safe from drunk drivers. I hate hearing news stories about an accident and the drunk person survived while everyone else died. How unfair is that? Hate it.

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree with your post! We have never done drugs. We have never been drunk either! Glad to know we are not the only ones!

    ReplyDelete