Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 2 - where I'd like to be in 10 years

In 10 years, I will be 43 years old. Ralph will be 48 years old. We will have been married for 16 years. Snoopy will be 15 (God willing!), Boy Kitty & Girl Kitty will be 18 (God willing!), our kids will be... Oh that's right, we don't have kids yet! Well, in 10 years I hope to be blessed with 2 healthy & happy kids.

We are on the road to become debt-free. In 10 years, I would like to be clean of major credit card debt & be able to pay off what we spend each month. I am thankful to Ralph for being a wonderful manager of our money. I also hope to have a good amount in savings & have retirement plans in order.

We are on the road to have our house renovations completed. In 10 years, that will be complete!

In 10 years, I will have been in education for 20 years. I hope to be a school counselor in a good school nearby with high morale. Or maybe I will be a stay-at-home Mom.

In 10 years, I hope Ralph will have job stability & be happy at what he does. He will be good at whatever he does, I know that.

In 10 years, I want to have traveled to another country. A cruise on the Mediterranean is one thing we dream of.

In 10 years, I hope to still be running and doing yoga. I also want to try my hand at cycling. I hope to still be thin and in-shape.

In 10 years, I wonder how my Achalasia symptoms will be. I wonder if I will have had the Heller Myotomy surgery by then. Symptoms don't get better, only worse. I was diagnosed in 2008 (I think) and honestly haven't accepted the fact that I have this disease. I'm still bitter about it. Maybe in 10 years I will have accepted it! I hope to meet other Achalasia sufferers in person instead of just reading their blogs.

My sister & her family live in Rome, GA. I like Rome, GA. Maybe in 10 years we will live there too!

Ten years ago I could never have really predicted where I'd be today. 9/11 hadn't happened yet. I was about to start my first teaching job. I lived in Macon.

So, here's hoping at least some of these things I wrote happen within the next 10 years! That's what I'll work towards!

There's one word that I wrote over and over again in this post: HOPE. What do you hope for?

No comments:

Post a Comment