1st kiss: Honestly I can't remember very well. I think I was in 9th grade & kissed Steve Austin in my kitchen after he brought me home from an evening of playing pool at Spare Change. (Ha - that was a classy outing.) He smelled like a mixture of soap & cigarette soap, and I liked it. I still remember that smell.
1st love: Crit Bennett. I was 10th grade; he was 11th grade. We started dating in New Orleans on a band trip. On the bus, he slipped his class ring on my finger. That was a big deal. I went to prom with him my 10th & 11th grade year. My 10th gr prom dress was a beautiful long straight red dress with a square neck line and wide spaghetti straps. We felt so grown up. We went in a white limo. Prom was at The Georgian Terrace on Peachtree/Ponce across from The Fox. There were black and white marble floors and a black grand piano as the backdrop for our pictures. The last dance at Prom was Vanessa Williams' "Saved The Best For Last." Since we were teenagers in love, our brains weren't always making the best decisions, so we had some learning experiences. We dated for a year or so. I broke up with him before my senior year of high school. He had graduated and went to Georgia Tech and then into the Army. We lost touch after awhile. Thanks to Facebook (and the local Ingles where both of our Moms shop), Crit and I have reconnected. He's happily married to Dena, whom I hope to meet one day. Crit & I saw each other at a restaurant fairly recently. It was good to see him. I wish he & Dena all the happiness in the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment