Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 6: 30 interesting facts about me

1. I can curl my tongue up at the edges.
2. On Special Nights Out with my Dad as a child, we would often get ice cream at Lickety Split in downtown Stone Mountain. I would get bubblegum ice cream & spit the bubblegum pieces on a napkin until I was done with the ice cream. Then I'd chew the gum.
3. I'm an elementary school counselor.
4. It surprised me when my allergy testing determined I'm only allergic to one type of mold/mildew found on damp wood. So I stopped taking Claritin and haven't noticed a difference.
5. I use Cold Cream to wash my face at night - it works great, it's cheap & it reminds me of my Mom, who's always used it.
6. I love Hello Kitty.






7. I can run a 30 minute 5K.
8. One day, I'd love to run a 1/2 marathon.
9. Snoopy is the first dog I've ever had.
10. I rarely take the empty toilet paper roll off to put the new roll on. Ralph always does it.
11. It took me 5 years to graduate from Georgia College & State University. After my sophomore year, I wasn't sure what to major in. I contemplated transferring to Valdosta to pursue Speech/Language Pathology. In the end, I stayed in Milledgeville to get a Special Education degree. It served me well.
12. I am OCD about smelling papers and books and fresh pen marks.
13. I have a very rare esophageal disorder called Achalasia, for which there is no known cause or cure. For more info, read about Achalasia.
14. Sometimes my anxiety floats from one thing to another.
15. I'm not always as "put together" as I may appear.
16. I could wear my Mom's shoes in 7th grade (a size 7). Now I wear a size 9 1/2.
17. This summer, I'm watching every episode of The Golden Girls from their last season to their first season. I'm on Season 2, Disc 3. One more season to go.
18. I have learned that it takes a lot of work to be a peacemaker. and to be at peace, and it doesn't solely mean the absence of conflict.
19. My 1998 Honda Civic EX is the only car I've ever had and it's completely paid for, thanks to my parents.
20. I prefer email, texting & FB to talking on the phone and I don't like that.
21. I have a soft spot for sweet old people.
22. I love the Indigo Girls.
23. I like reading historical fiction & non-fiction.
24. I've only travelled out of the country once. Christmas 2004 to England.
25. I love hydrangeas.
26. I'm a good procrastinator.
27.  I saw Henry Winkler riding on a golf cart through the Salt Lake City airport in July 1999.
28.  I took clogging lessons as a child.
29.  I like to cook.
30. I want to get 2 very small black tattoos on the inside of my left wrist or maybe one on the inside of each wrist. I want the hieroglyph, Ankh, that means "eternal life." And I want my Enneagram symbol for Peacemaker.  (Read about my Enneagram Personality Type:  Peacemaker #9.
Ankh - Egyptian Hieroglyph meaning "eternal life" or "key of life."


Enneagram symbol - Peacemaker, Type 9









No comments:

Post a Comment