I miss being able to eat anything and everything I want without thinking of what nutrients it's offering me or what crap it's offering me. It takes a lot of work to be aware of what you are putting in your mouth and your body. Don't get me wrong: I'm glad that I am constantly aware of what I'm eating/drinking, but that doesn't always mean that I make the best choices. Calories don't mean that much to me, unless it's obvious that something has 15,000 calories (CFA milkshake anyone?). I'm very aware of processed foods, the amount of meat we consume, vitamins/minerals, fried foods, caffeine, sodium, fiber, sugar, protein, calcium, whole grains, carbs, antioxidants, fat, etc... I don't officially count any of it. I just know what's healthy and what's not. I'm big on portion control too. We try to limit the junk. Ralph and I eat more fruit than veggies and I'm okay with that. We love veggies, though. And I could live on dairy products. Maybe what I really miss is being a kid and eating whatever I want, whenever I want. It's tough to be a healthy adult! But it's well worth it and I know that. I'll read this post again after my supper tonight (bike night at Hooters, where I plan to have fried pickles). :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment