Good grief...I've been procrastinating on this one. The past two years.....from August 2009 - August 2011.
Professionally -
Well August 2009 was the beginning of my counseling career. We had only 3 days of preplanning that year and I was sick on the last day with a migraine headache. Now I'm starting my 3rd year as a counselor. I really love the job. I really love my counseling partners; they are truly the best. I love them as people and I love them as counselors and I love us together. (I know you're gagging). I love the people I work with. I love the students I work with. I started when they were in K & 3rd; now they're starting 2nd and 5th grade. They teach me so much. I continue to learn & grow.
Personally -
I have challenged myself over the last two years to stay active. I have run a handful of 5K's and one 10K. I practice yoga. Ralph recently bought me a Giant Avail road bike. I love it!
Ralph & I have paid off 60% of our debt.
After 33 years of living, I am digging deep to "figure myself out," why I do the things I do. After 14 years together and 6 years of marriage, Ralph and I continue to "figure each other out." It's hard work. I have discovered my strengths: accepting, self-possessed, receptive, grounded, patient. Ralph's strengths: magnanimous, self-reliant, self-confident, decisive, courageous. The Enneagram personality inventory has been instrumental in our self discovery and marriage work My Enneagram number is 9: peacemaker. Ralph's number is 8: challenger. Just by those descriptors, you can guess that we clash at times. (See my "Fire & Water" post from Decemeber 2010 if you're dying to read more about us)
The past two years have been defined by work, debt, owning thoughts/choices, ups, downs, endings and beginnings. The past two years have gone fast. Wonder what I'll type in two more years...
No comments:
Post a Comment