Hi Everyone! Hope you are doing well. I'm asking for your support this summer, July 16-23. I will be in NYC with some church members, leading day camps in Brooklyn & Manhattan for the week. These children go to camp all summer and different groups come in to lead each week. Our theme this summer is iEndure; we will be teaching about commitment, patience & friendship. I'm leading crafts in Brooklyn (yikes, please pray for me!). :-) The Brooklyn church, Greater Restoration Baptist, is comprised of African Americans, Caribbean Americans & Caucasians. The neighborhood is also full of Hasidic Jews, which creates quite a diverse culture! The church is a one-room store front in the Crown Heights neighborhood. Google it! Our camp is done outside in a park (pray it doesn't rain).
If you are able to support me financially, the cost of the trip will be between $400-$600. I don't know the exact total yet. All money is due on June 30. I appreciate any support you can give. If possible, please let me know how much you can help with, so I will be prepared to pay the difference by July 1. Your thoughts & prayers are also needed! It's always a fantastic week, but a very tiring one as well.
Thanks so much!
MAIL TO:
SMOKE RISE BAPTIST CHURCH
MISSIONS OFFICE
5901 Hugh Howell Road
Stone Mountain, GA 30087
**Checks made out to SMOKE RISE BAPTIST CHURCH. In the Memo line, put NY MISSION TRIP-JOANIE HUSTON.** Money is due on June 30.
"Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones. When you have laboriously accomplished your task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake." -Victor Hugo.
No comments:
Post a Comment