Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Homemade Anniversary Dinner

Today is our 7th wedding anniversary. Lucky #7! We are celebrating at home this year - low key & low cost! We are well on our way of being debt-free (by November!); we consider that a BIG gift to each other. The past year has flown by, we have a lot to celebrate and look forward to.

One way I express appreciation and love for others is by cooking. I love cooking simple, elegant, fresh tasting comfort foods (Barefoot Contessa is my favorite!). Ralph loves eating what I cook and thinks I should open a restaurant. He's very complimentary and it warms my heart when he oogles over my food. So I'm cooking our anniversary dinner tonight. It will be special and more relaxing than going out to eat - although I do have an offer for a half-order of salt & pepper onion rings at Ted's (one of our fave places!), a $10 gift card to Moe's, $25 to Longhorn, $10 to Ruby Tuesday, $25 to Legal Sea Food, and those monthly Chick-fil-a coupons. So we have several back-up plans!

Here's our homecooked menu:

Whole wheat three-cheese tortelinni with pesto sauce & fresh parm cheese
Five grain bread with garlic & italian herb butter
Green salad - tomatoes, peppers, carrots, green onions, craisins, fresh parm - with buttermilk chive dressing
Shiraz
Warm soft chocolate cake with whipped cream

Mmmmmmmm. Let's hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment