So on The Today Show this morning, some dude was doing a cooking/holiday entertaining segment. I don't even know who it was. But he held up a sparkly piece of paper that had the phrase "Letting Go" written on it and said that at the end of the holiday party you've hosted, you can give your guests the paper to write the things they are letting go of from the past year - regrets, mistakes, whatever - and then it gets thrown in the fireplace at the end of the party to burn away.
I thought it was thoughtful, sweet, symbolic, and Southern. All the things I like!
Food for thought. What are you letting go of from 2011 and what are you looking forward to in 2012? I am letting go of mistakes from 2011 and ready to be debt free in 2012! It will happen!
No comments:
Post a Comment